Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gee, I love Momentum Boosts...

4 posters

Go down

Gee, I love Momentum Boosts... Empty Gee, I love Momentum Boosts...

Post  GameDragon 15th June 2008, 11:05 pm

I can believe how much difference one little blow can make. I've just been practicing a couple of events after learning about the boosting, so I went ahead an tried out High Jump. Before, It was hell just making 220cm. I thought anything over 250 was pretty much impossible. I think was going crazy, because on my first attempt, I went for 281cm (The WR was 280cm). I just thought, "What the hell, might well. It's not like I'll make it or anything".

And to my surprise, I jumped 281cm on my very first try using Momentum boosting. I swear, my heart skipped a beat when that happened. Cockiness had got the best of me, and I figured if it was so easy to get 281 cm, why not go for higher? And so... I went for 290cm. It took a couple of tries, but as soon as I saw 1050 cm/sec in speed... I said to myself, "It's over...". I had finally jumped it. WR for me Very Happy!

I can't stress enough how helpful momentum boosts are. I encourage everyone to incorporate it into your game!

Just some tips if you wanna get better High Jumps...
- If your trying to go for 280+ cm, then your gonna need OVER 1000 cm/sec in speed. (No, 999 cm/sec won't cut it... I'm serious)

- When you run, try to get the bar on the second to last notch on the gauge. You'll want to do a momentum boost about here, which should max out your bar completely and set you up for 1020+ cm/sec.

- Make sure not to use your boost too early during the running. Try to use the boost just before you attempt to jump, for maximum speed.
Good luck everyone! I feel like I'm on top of the world right now!
GameDragon
GameDragon

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Gee, I love Momentum Boosts... Empty Re: Gee, I love Momentum Boosts...

Post  Dezkenob1 16th June 2008, 3:44 am

Yes, the momentum boost is a welcome feature of the game and it really can have noticeable effects when trying for better scores. I haven't really perfected it yet but I'll persist.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 16th June 2008, 5:33 am

Was trying it for fun for a little while last night and I broke some of my pbs without actually trying too hard.
I'll go hardcore on all the events once the tournament is over What a Face
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post  Colino 16th June 2008, 7:19 am

Remember all my problems with hammer throw? Couldn't get anything better than 51m... With momentum boost? Well over 60 .. That's a big difference!
Colino
Colino
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 16th June 2008, 7:24 am

Colino wrote:Remember all my problems with hammer throw? Couldn't get anything better than 51m... With momentum boost? Well over 60 .. That's a big difference!
Wow, congratulations! See how helpful it can be? Keep it up and you'll get to 70m in no time. Very Happy
GameDragon
GameDragon

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum