Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any help greatly appreciated.

3 posters

Go down

Any help greatly appreciated. Empty Any help greatly appreciated.

Post  Dezkenob1 14th June 2008, 4:12 pm

Without wanting to sound like a complete n00b, any hints on all events would be greatly appreciated. Basically I am strictly average at all of the events but I suck mostly at any event that requires a lot of continual rubbing with the stylus (100m, 110m hurdes etc).

Anything that you guys as individuals do to either make things easier on the wrists or any little techniques for certain events would be very helpful.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Any help greatly appreciated. Empty Re: Any help greatly appreciated.

Post  Blackwyn 14th June 2008, 4:39 pm

Well from the obvious boost start. I put the ds on a small pillow on my bed. I locate the stylus arm elbow on the bed for firmness and that's how I manage to get the highest speeds. I kind of get a quick reflexive kind of movement on the arm then.

Doing it differently gives me an around 80% performance.
Im the whole opposite, I want to know how the hell some people get crazy records on some of the technical events. Like high jump, saids WR is at 280cm. I managed to get great speeds and struggled to get 241cm for like an hour today lol.
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 14th June 2008, 5:38 pm

I can get that reflex thing occasionally and in a similar manner to how you described but the problem I have is that I just can't maintain it. I also struggle on the High jump by the way. Generally speaking I prefer throwing type events and the like. Any event where just a quick burst of speed on the aproach to a throwing line is good for me. That way I don't have to rely on that reflex thing for too long.

I'm also unsure of how to get much quicker times on the rowing because the stylus has to just follow the marker zone as it spins.
Another event that bothers me is the skeet shooting. I can hit all of the skeets but the highest score I get is 5030 and don't understand how to get higher than that.

Please forgive my n00biness.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 14th June 2008, 5:39 pm

I still don't know how you manage to do it Blackwyn. My stylus is literally shredding to ashes from just trying to reach 11 seconds in 100m Sprint.

What I'm stumped on are the throwing events: Shot Put, Discus, and Hammer. My scores don't even come close to the WRs.
GameDragon
GameDragon

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 14th June 2008, 6:19 pm

Also not entirely speed based, you have be pretty accurate with the stylus to hit the 'sweet spot' while maintaining the high speed. It's pretty easy to get a bit off target once you manage to get a high speed motion. Which is why some might find events that only require it for a brief time easier.

I also workout in the gym, which actually makes me capable of having a high speed motion for a longer time Very Happy (although I notice severe decreasing to my speed if I keep at it for a while).

Some throwing events are tricky.. not timing it perfectly means an extreme punishment in throwing results.

Also, most of the events that require circular motions. Tend to be alot easier to do with the button setup instead. Try using the button setup for rowing and you'll notice how easy it gets to maintain a high speed.

Skeet shooting is one of my biggest 'how the hell' events that drives me nuts. I was playing it today, shot down every single one fairly fast (I even managed to get a penguin appear, but I think I didn't kill it though). In the last round I was getting full score for each and in the end I was getting 4 skeets thrown out at once. Just managed to get around 10k which is my PB now. So tell us your secret GameDragon Very Happy
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 14th June 2008, 6:42 pm

I think I'll post up a guide on it. Smile

The whole trick is speed and precision. Both Skeet Shooting and Double Trap rely on streaks. If your going for a highscore, try not to miss a shot. In Skeet Shooting, you may not notice a difference from missing a shot, but trust me there is. Your streak will be gone on your next attempt. The point is to not miss a shot on the 1st and 2nd attempt (the 3rd attempt matters, but not as much).

If you get a Penguin to appear on the 1st attempt, your doing something right. You only need to shoot it once to get the bonus. After the 1st attempt, if you have atleast 5039 points, your doing perfect (Of course you can get higher points, this is just the minimum). Just keep it up.
GameDragon
GameDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 14th June 2008, 6:53 pm

Thanks for the tip on the button configuration for the rowing although I'm actually worse with that. Practice makes perfect I guess. Also, thanks for the tips on the Skeet and Double trap and once again, I guess it's practice, practice, practice.

I don't think I have any tips that you guys would find useful although feel free to ask. Like I said, any event that requires just a short burst of speed like Javelin and Long Jump etc, seem to be my best events, although I'm no where near world record level.

Thanks again for the tips.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 14th June 2008, 6:57 pm

Double trap is easy to figure out. If you don't miss once in the first round, you get 10k. On the next round, speed will be max along with max point for each. Getting them all there is 20k and last round 30k. Missing just once will reset the speed and points for each. I like double trap for that reason, since you know how to get high scores in it, but it's just difficult to do it.
Looking forward to the skeet shooting guide Very Happy
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 14th June 2008, 8:39 pm

Just posted my guides for Pole Vaulting and Skeet Shooting. Hopefully both are understandable and will help everyone in someway.
Good Luck!
GameDragon
GameDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 15th June 2008, 3:34 am

Great guides GameDragon!
When I read that you can go over 12k in just the 2nd round of skeet shooting, I got stunned. Guess i'll just have to keep trying Smile

For pole i've been doing the same cone trick for speed, but never really figured out when exactly to release, so that guide was a great help. So im gonna try to get the over 600 archivement now Very Happy

I'll do a speed guide later today as well.
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 15th June 2008, 5:24 pm

Yes, thanks for the Pole Vault and Double Trap tips. I'm still useless at the Double Trap and Skeet but the tip for the Pole Vault worked a treat.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 15th June 2008, 5:35 pm

Dezkenob1 wrote:Yes, thanks for the Pole Vault and Double Trap tips. I'm still useless at the Double Trap and Skeet but the tip for the Pole Vault worked a treat.

Glad to see I helped in some way Very Happy
Keep practicing with Skeet Shooting and Double Trap. You'll eventually build more concentration and better your score.
GameDragon
GameDragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum