Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell!

+3
Dezkenob1
overdog
Blackwyn
7 posters

Go down

Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell! Empty Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell!

Post  Blackwyn 19th June 2008, 10:44 am

Argh, I can't describe how crazy this mode is making me.
I managed to make it all the way to hammer and I throw it outside three times.. getting disqualified.
I manage to get to pole vault and I fail at 600cm and get disqualified..
Two times I got disqualified already at vault.. the frustation is indescribable .. Mad

I need suggestions on everyday home stuff I can break.
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell! Empty Re: Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell!

Post  overdog 19th June 2008, 11:13 am

Well, if the man with the bionic arms finds it hard, how will us mortals fair ? Sad

Not unlocked expert yet - how is it set up ?
overdog
overdog
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Back to top Go down

Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell! Empty Re: Expert mode, I Condemn You To Hell!

Post  Dezkenob1 19th June 2008, 1:14 pm

Expert mode is troubling you eh. Well here's my dilemma. I can't even make it past the first group stage on hard. Yes, I give you permission to laugh at my expense. *L*. To top it all off though, I can't even get gold in group 4 on medium setting due to that damn high jump. That <Insert profanity here> highjump is causing me to go insane. I can safely say that I don't think I will ever get to compete in expert mode.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 19th June 2008, 1:40 pm

I certainly know that feeling Dez, to have a single event mess up an entire thing. All I can suggest is to keep training on high jump as much as possible.
Eventually you'll get the hang of it Cool

You have to play all the events at once wank in expert, vs an opponent I really have no idea how he manages to lift 325kg in weightlifting.
So even if you manage to reach the last event, but get disqualified. The whole thing gets nullified and you have to start from the beginning.
A real pain in the butt Neutral
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GameDragon 19th June 2008, 9:47 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Like I said before, Expert mode is an incarnation of Hell itself. I'm sure you'll find a way to manage through it.
GameDragon
GameDragon

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Afterswish 20th June 2008, 6:55 am

lol - I share your pain Blackwyn. But it's called EXPERT Mode for a reason and it's supposed to hurt.

Gratz on being currently Number 1 in the world btw !! cheers
Afterswish
Afterswish
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 20th June 2008, 6:59 am

Afterswish wrote:lol - I share your pain Blackwyn. But it's called EXPERT Mode for a reason and it's supposed to hurt.

Gratz on being currently Number 1 in the world btw !! cheers

Too bad it's not just my arm hurting from that mode Razz
Welcome to the Forums mate and enjoy your stay Wink
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 24th June 2008, 2:30 pm

At long last I have finally unlocked Expert mode and Solid Snake. I found a new way of utilising the stylus (sit on the floor with ds resting on bed or couch. Ideal height to get maximum speed out of the little blighter).
Anyway, I went all out at this game today and yesterday and my body is telling me to stop. I broke several of my own records in the process and feel highly proud of myself for achieving some feats that I never thought I ever could.
I decided to try expert mode and I can now appreciate the pain you suffered at this marathon, Blackwyn. I was actually doing quite well and was just a couple of thousand points behind the Referee by the time I got to the event that I have struggled with the most; the dreaded high jump. I was confident that I could overcome this though as I seemed to be on a roll at this point. Alas, to my disappointment, I failed it. My arm just seemed to give out and I could no longer get that power bar upto maximum. I was gutted. I'm sure I will try again at expert mode although I'm not looking forward to it at all.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 24th June 2008, 3:05 pm

Gj! I knew you would make it eventually Cool
Welcome to Expert mode. I think it took me around 5 days / playing it 2-3 times a day until I finally beat it. So enjoy hell Wink
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 24th June 2008, 4:52 pm

I'm not I ever will beat it. I struggle to get good results on quite a few of the first 12 - 16 events and my only saving grace will be the last 8 events where I generally seem to do better. I'll try again tomorrow.......if my arms still work.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Dezkenob1 25th June 2008, 3:05 pm

Well I decided to give expert mode another try. This time I made it passed the High Jump and was doing very well in general. I had roughly a 10,000 - 15,000 (can't remember exactly) point lead over the Referee and I really thought I was going to do it this time. I knew that I was competent at the remaining events.......then......out of nowhere, the Pole Vault appeared! Gah, I'd forgotten about this event and as with the High Jump, this event is one of my worst. Well needless to say, I didn't even manage the qualifiying minimum of 2.8m. I was gutted....again. Atleast I will never forget the Pole Vault and will now practice until I'm sure I can atleast clear the qualifying height.
Oh well, there's always tomorrow.
Dezkenob1
Dezkenob1
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  sugusazul 3rd July 2008, 11:04 am

I tried the expert mode three time today, and I get desqualified in the high jumppole vault!!! the three times!! When only remain 3!!!

I will keep on trying tomorrow!

Last edited by sugusazul on 7th July 2008, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sugusazul
sugusazul
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Nestea80 5th July 2008, 10:48 am

sugusazul wrote:I tried the expert mode three time today, and I get desqualified in the high jump!!! the three times!! When only remain 3!!!

I will keep on trying tomorrow!

Practice the high jump until you're confident. Heh. That must be the worst feeling for you. When you're down to your 3rd attempt ... and you know everything is riding on it. I remember thinking passing expert would be near impossible just because I got frustrated at hammer throw. Now, I don't have much problem throwing it furthur than 60.
Nestea80
Nestea80
Novice
Novice

Male Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  sugusazul 5th July 2008, 12:01 pm

Hi,
The worst thing is that I tried high jump pole vault in single mode and I get the 5.80 meters in high jump easily.
But after 21 events I guess I lose my confidence at 100m Backstroke,lol.

Waiting for my lucky day!

Thanks Nestea80 for cheering me, I needed it. LOL

Last edited by sugusazul on 7th July 2008, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
sugusazul
sugusazul
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Nestea80 5th July 2008, 12:09 pm

sugusazul wrote:Hi,
The worst thing is that I tried high jump n single mode and I get the 5.80 meters in high jump easily.
But after 21 events I guess I lose my confidence at 100m Backstroke,lol.

Waiting for my lucky day!

Thanks Nestea80 for cheering me, I needed it. LOL

Heh, no problemo. I've been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. I know it's hard to ... start Expert all over again. Cuz it takes so much time and effort. Razz It's demoralizing. After 21 events, the pressure is on. You're physically drained ... and psychologically screwed up knowing that you HAVE to nail it. Smile Good luck, and I know you'll get it one day.
Nestea80
Nestea80
Novice
Novice

Male Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post  sugusazul 7th July 2008, 8:29 am

Yeahh!! I give you the pardon Expert mode!!!

I finally got the high jump,pole vault and the rest was bed of roses, my litlle referee, I got 342851 points, far way from the referee.

It was hard to fail in perfect jump, just because my personal record is 620cm!!!and the calification score was 5.80!!!

Oh lucky day!! Oh happy day!!!

See you online!!!!

Last edited by sugusazul on 7th July 2008, 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
sugusazul
sugusazul
Novice
Novice

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackwyn 7th July 2008, 9:41 am

Grats for beating Expert mode Cool
Blackwyn
Blackwyn
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum